1. It's naturally potent and stable
There are two different types of Vitamin C - synthetic and natural. Synthetic forms of Vitamin C are manufactured in a laboratory and include ascorbic acid, L-ascorbic acid, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, ascorbyl palmitate, Vitamin C esters, sodium ascorbyl phosphate and sodium ascorbyl palmitate. The main issues with synthetic forms of Vitamin C is that they lack the bioavailability of the natural compound and usually have an acidic pH level that can be harmful and dangerous.
On the other hand, natural Vitamin C comes from fruits. Using whole Vitamin C from fruits provides many benefits - it doesn't need synthetic fillers or stabilisers, it has a lower risk of irritation and it offers more nutrients as it contains all the natural components of Vitamin C including natural enzymes and bioflavonoids. These are the reasons why Inala Botanics uses natural Vitamin C in its serum.
The Vitamin C used in the Inala Botanics Vitamin C Serum is completely natural and comes from 3 different fruit extracts.
- Kakadu Plum: Grown natively in the Kimberley and Arnhem Land, Kakadu Plum contains the highest levels of ascorbic acid of any fruit, making it the world’s most potent and stable form of natural Vitamin C. Kakadu Plum also contains gallic acid, an antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties, as well as ellagic acid, which supports skin elasticity.
- Desert Lime: The Desert Lime is a native Australian fruit that is high in antioxidants and well adapted to the arid climate. Not only rich in Vitamin C, Desert Lime also contains Glycosides and Furanocoumarin, which help induce the proliferation of skin cells for skin healing and repair.
- Finger Lime: Finger Lime is rich in Vitamin C, B and E and helps the skin’s absorption of vital ingredients. It stimulates collagen production while fighting against premature aging of the skin. The Finger Lime Caviar is also a natural source of Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), acting as a gentle skin exfoliator for smooth, bright skin.
2. It's packed with powerful ingredients
The form of Vitamin C is important, but so are the other ingredients used in the formula. Here are other key actives you will find in the Inala Botanics Vitamin C Serum.
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E): Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that is typically derived from vegetable oils. It fights off free radicals and protects the skin from damage, making it the perfect ingredient to work together with Vitamin C. It also has moisturising, soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic Acid is a sugar molecule found naturally in the skin that acts as a moisture magnet. As the skin’s ability to produce its own hyaluronic acid decreases with age, topical application of hyaluronic acid helps the skin look firmer.
- Wakame Extract: Wakame is a type of seaweed rich in antioxidants, polyphenols, polysaccharides and fucoidan that protect the skin against external stresses including UV radiation. Wakame also has clinically proven soothing and anti-ageing properties.
3. It's suitable for all skin types (read: it's not irritating)
A balanced, healthy skin has a pH level between 4.5 and 5.5. However, most Vitamin C Serums containing synthetic forms of Vitamin C such as ascorbic acid or L-ascorbic acid (LAA) have a pH level between 2.5 to 3.5, which is why they can be irritating when applied topically and are likely to cause breakouts, reddening and chemical burns. Because the Inala Botanics Vitamin C Serum contains natural whole Vitamin C, it has a pH level of 5, making it gentle and suitable on all skin types including sensitive skin.
4. It's not sticky nor greasy
Although formulation is key, we know the consistency of a product can be a real dealbreaker. While many Vitamin C serums on the market can be viscous and become sticky when applied to the skin, the Inala Botanics Vitamin C Serum doesn't. It is non sticky and non greasy, absorbs fast and leaves the skin feeling plumped and moisturised.
5. It's fragrance free (yet doesn't smell bad)
Studies have shown that fragrance in skincare products is among the most common cause of negative skin reactions. Fragrance, whether natural or synthetic, can trigger allergies, asthma, eczema, headaches, irritations, psoriasis, and more. However, many skincare products on the market (including Vitamin C Serums) still contain fragrance to mask an unpleasant smell or add a pleasant aroma. If you have tried Vitamin C Serums before and found a lingering metallic scent, this is typically the result of oxidation and instability.
Because the Vitamin C in the Inala Botanics Vitamin C Serum is naturally potent and stable, it contains no dyes or fragrances, making the serum clear and odourless.
6. It comes in a clever packaging
The Inala Botanics Vitamin C Serum comes in a biophotonic glass bottle with a pump dispenser. Also known as miron glass or violet glass, biophotonic glass is deeply coloured and almost opaque. It naturally filters the spectrum of visible sunlight, giving it outstanding capabilities of preserving its contained substances. When used as skincare packaging, it allows for better preservation of the plant-based formulations.
The Inala Botanics Vitamin C Serum bottle is also label free, making it easy to recycle and better for the planet.
Shop our products
This product has really helped my skin with dryness and sensitivity issues. Appears to helped reduce scarring from hormonal acne as well. Feels nice on the skin and easily absorbed. Will be purchasing again.